Effective Date: August 19, 2020
Bluewater Texas Terminal LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://bwtxterminal.com/ website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. By accessing our Service, you consent to the terms described herein.
Personal Data Collection
We may collect the following data when you use the Service.
Categories of Data You Provide to Us or Our Service Providers
- Identifiers, such as real name, alias or display/username, postal address, telephone number, email address, account name, telephone number, and date of birth.
- Your preferences with respect to email communications.
You are not required to provide information we may request, but if you choose not to provide it, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or to complete your transaction.
Categories of Data Collected Automatically by Us or Our Service Providers
- Information about your browsing behavior on our sites or applications, such as the date and time you visit, the areas or pages you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using our site or application, and the number of times you return.
- We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities, your preferred language, your operating system, software version, the date and time you access the site, and the website from which you linked to our site(s) or application(s), if any.
- Your mobile device(s) identifier, mobile device(s) manufacturer and model, operating system used by your device(s), mobile phone service carrier, the dimensions of your device(s), and the mobile application version you used. If an Android device is used, an advertising identifier (Google sends it automatically).
- Geolocation data, such as your physical location or movements.
We may draw inferences from any of the categories of data above described or combine the information we receive from and about you through any of the above means and publicly available information to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our services.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Tracking
Our site(s) may also contain web beacons, which are small, transparent image files. Web beacons allow us to count the number of users who have visited pages of our site(s). We may include web beacons in promotional email messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon, including whether the recipient clicked on a link in the email or forwarded the email to another person.
Tracking Options and “Do Not Track” Signals
Our Use of Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes only.
- Customer Service. We use personal data to answer your questions and to respond to your requests made through our Service and to notify you of changes to our Service.
- Commercial. We use personal data to deliver the Service and to facilitate use of our Service, including allowing you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- Improve/Develop our Service. We use your personal data to develop or improve our Service to make them easier to use.
- Fraud and security. We use your personal data to protect the security and integrity of our Service, as well as to safeguard your personal data.
- We may also use your personal data in other ways as required or permitted by law or with your consent prior to the point of collection, or in an aggregated and non-specific format (where you cannot be reasonably identified) for analytical and demographic purposes.
We use your personal data only because it is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you, for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, or with your consent.
Legal Bases for Our Use of Your Personal Data
We process personal data only as may be necessary:
- in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a possible contract;
- where it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, except where such interests are outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; or
- with your explicit consent (only if legally required).
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in cases where processing is based on consent and subject to applicable local law providing otherwise. This will not affect the validity of the processing prior to the withdrawal of consent.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Data
We have disclosed to other parties all categories of personal data collected in the last 12 months as described below. We have not sold personal data in the last 12 months.
Service Providers. We disclose your personal data to our Service Providers for legitimate business purposes to provide services to us or on our behalf, such as data hosting, cloud services, sending out information and communications, analyzing data, technical support, and other business and professional services. We provide these companies with only those elements of personal data they need to provide their services to us.
Required Disclosures. We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in our good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, and to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Operating Globally and International Transfers
We may transfer personal data to and store personal data in countries other than the country where it was collected or where you accessed our websites or applications. Those countries may have different data privacy and protection laws than the countries from which the personal data was collected or from which you accessed our websites or applications. To the extent required by applicable law, we will take measures to protect personal data so transferred or stored. For example, we implement Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission and use similar contractual obligations to comply with applicable laws of other jurisdictions. By choosing to use our services, including our websites and applications, and submitting personal data to us, you consent to the transfer of such personal data outside of your country of residence.
Personal Data Retention
We use, and we require our Service Providers to use, industry standard security measures for securing and protecting personal data, including without limitation encrypting data in transit and at rest, as well as limiting access to personal data on a least privilege basis (i.e., giving each user access only to personal data needed to perform their specific job duties).
Our websites and applications may contain links to other websites, including those of other companies, organizations, and publications. These websites operate independently from our websites and applications, and we do not control and are not responsible for the content, security, or data privacy practices used by other entities. You should review the privacy statements of those websites to determine how they protect and use your personal data.
Our services, including our websites and applications, are not directed to children under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under 18. If we learn that we collected the personal data of a child under the age of 18, we will use reasonable efforts to delete such information from our systems promptly.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will honor your exercise of the below rights as may be permitted or required by law. You may have the right to:
- access the personal data we collected about you;
- correct inaccurate personal information;
- delete your personal data (but only where no longer required for a legitimate business purpose);
- restrict our processing of your personal data; and
- receive your personal data in a structured, digital form suitable for transmission to another party if technically feasible.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
How to Exercise Your Rights
Only you or a person you authorize to act on your behalf may make a request related to your personal data. Please note that you must verify your identity and request before we take further action. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification.
Our Response Process
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable request. If applicable, our response will explain the reasons we cannot comply with your request. For access requests, we will select a format to provide your personal data that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the personal data without hindrance.
We will not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine your request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.